A finish: A Horse With No Name
Hello…. it’s me…. (read Adele-style)
I’ve had some big things going on that I’ll probably talk about when I have found a solution, but it’s put me off sewing a bit. I’ve been designing a few Spoonflower fabrics since I’ve been selling some designs (!) so I want to build up my library, and I’ve decided to do a weekly vlog too so the first one I filmed today and it will go up tomorrow. This could be a terrible decision but I have no shame anymore.
Anyway The Horse With No Name…
It’s a pretty small quilt and didn’t take me too long to do compared to other pictorial projects. There’s a lot of the Carolyn Friedlander linen in it, plus a silky handkerchief style fabric I was donated by Jackie in the East Midlands Guild a couple of years ago, and some other stash fabrics. It’s always good to use the stash so you can get the new stuff in.
The backing is just a muslin which is heavier than I normally use, and the weird thing is when I washed this quilt, it kind of stained on the back, I think some of the fabrics bled through even though I had colour catchers in the drum. I also did my usual invisible binding.
Size – 33 1/2″ x 56″
Number of blocks – N/A
Time to make – About 16 hours
Fabric – All sorts!
Binding Fabric – More plain muslin, turned to the back.
Threads – Mostly 40wt Aurifil, for it all, but the odd bit of green Isacord made its way in there.
Batting – 100% cotton Quilters Dream Select large scrap from stash.
Quilting- Fur and directional lines to mimic realism.
Please also enjoy this Great Horned Owl, Alberta’s provincial bird and its chicks! They are nesting just near my friend’s house!