Francoise – part 1

May I introduce you to my new (almost finished) Francoise dress?

DSCF8479 DSCF8487

The pattern is Francoise by Tilly and the Buttons, and I submitted it 10 minutes before the deadline for the competition last night. I am exhausted and I need to adjust the back. I also need an invisible zip foot and to redo the zip again as I’m not happy with it. The bust area is a weird shape but it’s not half as bad as it was at 10pm last night when I was getting frustrated with the thing. I need to consider my options for making it a bit less weird.

The main part of the dress was supposed to be made in the diagonal stripe print from S’more Love by the Comstocks, so on discovering I was short on time (i.e. I cut the pattern pieces out yesterday) I substituted in this vintage bed linen cotton. The sleeves are Jersey, just because I wanted to try it! I love the sleeves.

Buy the pattern for yourself HERE!

I’ll have more on this when I get some better photos and have made the adjustments- in the rush we hadn’t noticed that the camera was set to Macro.

DSCF8491 DSCF8494

Also only one Christmas item left now! I finished off the cushion for my MIL yesterday too, with a touch of piping and a standard envelope back.

AOB – I need to announce the giveaway winner! I added the extra entry comments from my mini quilt post to the end of the giveaway comments, which meant there were a total of 434 entries!

And the winner is… Robyn!

Screen Shot 2014-12-15 at 09.56.39

Screen Shot 2014-12-15 at 09.57.25



Tags: , , , , ,