A flimsy finish
I managed to do quite a lot of sewing this weekend, and that’s not including the guild meeting where I worked on Hello Chevron (duty bound). Despite the omnipotent puppy I finished piecing the lone star-esque quilt top this afternoon. I am still rubbish at Y seams, but it works and my points are mostly good despite being on the bias!
Yeah check me out- a quilt with borders! I’ll probably use NORMAL binding on this too! The orange setting triangle circly bits are from a new fat quarter I bought on Saturday (along with a few others, ahem) but the rest are stash prints and I got through a few fat quarters on the shelf which felt very productive. It’s quicker than it looks once the applique is out of the way.
Not sure how I’m going to quilt this, but I do know how I am going to quilt my Ziggy/Bowie quilt, so I’ll probably get cracking with that next. Don’t want to put it off too long though as I have yet to finish anything this quarter!
The pattern for this quilt is from American Patchwork and Quilting, February 2014. It’s not my design I’m afraid, but I saw it on the cover and I thought it was stunning. This incidentally is the issue with the APQ Quilt Along that was happening a little earlier this year if you fancy getting a digital copy.