The last few days I’ve not had time for sewing. I’ve either been working away or I’ve been away from home visiting family. What other time I have had left over has gone on the Wallander quilt. I have 30 more of those stinking blocks left to go before the end of the month since I just finished column seven this morning. About a week then. Urghhh. Still I have three days off work next week for my skating lessons so a bit more sewing time in the mornings rather than having to stop at 7.30. I will not miss it when it’s finished and I’m going to relish quilting it.
In WIP news I had secretly been making the odd Forest QAL block. It wasn’t that secret cos the feathers have been on my design wall for ages, but the plan to make them up into an interesting and scrappy quilt top has been (and will remain) under wraps. Why? Because I’m not meant to be doing any more sewalongs until my quilts for magazines list is reduced. So it’s not officially a WIP as it doesn’t matter if it doesn’t actually happen. So if I don’t show you it properly it doesn’t exist 😉 If I do decide to make a top in time, in total I need to make five of the blocks and so far I have made two. Here’s my newest one…
These take a long time to make with all of the fiddly bits which is why I’m going at my leisure with them. It doesn’t help that they- like Wallander- are also paper piecing. It’s not a very good procrastination project.
I modified the pattern as I couldn’t be bothered with the shadow and thought it would look good without. I also changed to colours to a more British adaptation, the Green Woodpecker. That squirrel is next on the list.