Buzz buzz

I’m back sewing again. I tried to do some portholes in heart shapes for the Row by Row swap (we’re doing applique hearts this time round) but the shape didn’t lend itself well to the technique and I started again. In the end I settled for fusible applique with blanket stitch edges. The blanket stitch on my machine is so cute, I should use it more often. No photo I’m afraid!

Next job was to finish my round on the Free Two Bee quilt. I got Dena’s top for this month and I added the top rows- a row of pinwheels which used up the ones I did at the wrong size for the last Row by Row round, and some 45 degree triangles, a fussy cut typrewriter and some odds and ends from the scraps drawer spliced in for good measure. I love having a rummage and finding something useful! This is now on the way to Jan.

Next job is to finish the round for the UK Borders Agency Bee¬†before the weekend. I chose to needleturn applique and it was a bad choice, even with Sarah Fielke’s amazing tips I struggled not to sew it to myself. I’m continuing with the stems and leaves but cutting down the seam allowances on the flowers and machine raw edge appliqueing those… Photo soon I hope!

Tags: , ,