Bee-ing good

First things first, those who were interested in the half rectangle triangle solution, go visit this thread here. I’ve not actually tried it yet as I got a bit fed up with them 😀

I thought I’d try and get on top of my sewing obligations today!

Here’s Brittany’s quilt top for Around the Bend and Across the Pond- I added the panel to the left- two diamond blocks with cat fabric, plus a scattering of squares and a cat appliqué  I used the metallic Aurifil for the black details and I really liked using it- none of the usual metallic thread problems to be seen!

Next up, I angelled on the second round of UK Borders Agency and this is round 2 done for Wendy. I added the duck egg blue border and the diamondy bias-y barber pole border. It’s my turn on her quilt for round 3 so I’m hanging onto this rather than posting it off, I have a month or so to come up with another border for it.

I’m also working on the 4″ x 36″ pinwheel row for the Popular Patchwork row by row swap. HOWEVER I got about halfway in and discovered I had made them way too small and I can’t face starting from scratch again today. Maybe I will do it tomorrow.

And for those who are interested in progress on Fryed Pixels, it’s looking alright and I’m now making eye pieces though I’m not convinced I will finish by the end of the month as planned!

Tags: , , , ,