Further resin tests
I tested the quick set resin last night under a 25w energy saving bulb. By their very nature they don’t emit as much heat as standard bulbs, but it got up to temperature. I had to raise it up at one point too, but I found that it could be demoulded after 2 1/2 hours- not the 1 hour I was looking for. Also by this point it was still very flexible and not ready to be sanded. I’m taking it to the other extreme and trying it with a standard old 100w bulb (now banned from sale) that I have lying around to see if this makes an improvement, and then I will explore standard commerically available bulbs.
Oh and I made this last night too from those pieces I didn’t know what to do with last week!