A bodge job done good!

I decided to reupholster a battered stool. No I did not think to use upholstery grade fabric and no I also didn’t think to paint the legs and yes, it was completely on a whim with no guidance whatsoever. it worked OK though…

From this:

 

To this:

So firstly I ripped off the seat (it was loose as there was a screw missing), then pulled out the tacks holding the fabric on:

Binned the bleugh fabric:

Laid some fabric face down, put wadding on top (note: wadding sheets or foamwould be better than soft toy stuffing, but I used what I had), put seat face down on top of that…

Stapled the fabric taut round the seat. Staple gun broke quite soon in so resorted to tacks, a hammer and aggression…

Cut off the excess fabric- I always overdo it:

And then I used the screws (plus an extra one to replace the missing one) and drove them through the fabric and back in their original holes, and it’s finished! Ready to be another seat at Rothley Craft Farm…

Tags: , , ,